Anyone else who loves detox drinks?
To compensate for the many cheat-days that I have, I prepare infusions as often as I can to detox the body. Most of the ingredients used have natural benefits to the body. You can have this at least once a week.
P.s Bloating after consumption is normal, the detox is working!
”The groundwork of all happiness is good health”
– Leigh Hunt
What I used for the detox drink and their benefits:
1. Thyme – protect the body against bacterial and yeast infections, clear the throat and is good for the skin
2. Mint – reduces inflammation, strengthen the immune system and cures your bad breath
3. Cloves – improves digestion, reduces inflammation, soothes earache and toothache
4. Linseeds/ flax – High in fiber, energy booster, good source of iron, calcium, magnesium etc etc
5. Barley seeds (L’orge) – Good for those suffering from Asthma, Hypertension or diabetes, great source of fiber
6. Cardamom – Detoxifying properties, protects against cold and flu, help fights depression
7. Methi seeds (Fenugreek) – good for the digestive system, helps cure inflammation, control sugar level
8. Aniseed – improves digestion, good for those suffering from menstrual disorders, good for the eyes and pancreas
Why your body needs a detox drink?
Our body is programmed to clean its wastes by itself. However when you eat meat, processed food and sugar packed food, this slows the cleansing process. Your body has to work harder to enable the detoxification. Thus build up of food in the intestines turns into toxins and can lead to digestive problems, weight gain, cardiovascular disease and other complications. This is why you need a detox drink to ease the process and supply the body with antioxidants, fibers and nutrients it needs.
This is my simple detox recipe:
- Few thyme leaves
- Some mint – around 6-8 leaves
- 5 cloves
- 1 tbsp Lin-seeds
- 1 tbsp Barley seeds
- 5 Cardamom
- 1 tsp Methi seeds
- 1 tsp Aniseed
- Water (a jug)
- Bring to boil some water
- Add in all the ingredients and let it boil for a few mins
- Let the infusion cool down for around 30 mins (optional – some may prefer it hot)
To enhance the taste, you can add honey to your drink.
”He who enjoys good health is rich, though he knows it not”
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post, thank you for dropping by.