Tomato Salad, called ‘Chatini / Salad Pomme D’amour’ in Mauritius is one of my favourite accompaniment to any other dishes such as Biryani, Fried Rice, Bol Renverser etc. Besides being healthy and packed with vitamins, it is easy and quick to make.
Did you know that ?
– Lycopene found in tomatoes help to reduce cardiovascular diseases
– Tomatoes actually help to protect the eye and improve the vision
– Plus it provides the body with loads of vitamins and minerals and helps to control diabetes
– It can to some extent eliminate toxins in the body from smoking
– It is good for the digestive system and prevents formation of kidney stones
- 4 big tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 small green chili (totally up to you as per your preferences)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- Chop the tomatoes, chili, onion and coriander finely
- Mix it all in a big bowl
- Season with olive oil, salt and lemon juice, Voila it’s ready!
A different way of making the chutney is to first boil the tomatoes. Peel and mash the tomatoes. Then add the chopped onion, chili and coriander to it and season as per above recipe.
My favourite way of eating Tomato Chutney is with bread, the normal french loaf, as a starter which is similar to Bruschetta.
And how do you like to eat your tomato salad?
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post, thank you for dropping by.