“Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
My study trip to London has been a life-changing experience for me and it changed my perspective on a number of things. I’m sure you agree with me that life is short and sometimes it is meant to be lived on ”tomorrow may never come”. Travelling is a great way to escape mediocrity.
I’ve compiled a few reasons why travelling is the best gift you can give to yourself.
- It is a great way to build connections and make friends. Who knows you can make friends for life. You meet people from all over the world and you get to learn about their culture and get a glimpse of their lifestyles and cuisines.
- It helps you to discover yourself. You will face many challenges when you travel especially when you are on your own. These challenges help you grow as a person and teach you to face your fears. You will have to do things that will make you step out of your comfort zone.
- Likewise travelling helps you to become independent. You learn to carry your own grocery bags, to cook for yourself, wash your clothes and walk the streets alone at night. While these might seem scary at first, in the end it will only be achievements.
- Strengthen the bond with family
Your parents learn to trust you even more with your life decisions, it significantly reduces the age gap and distance between your parents & you. It becomes easier to share things with them.
- Travelling acts as a guide and gives your life a direction.
- It makes you a more interesting person because you got more stories to tell.
- In addition travelling increases your general knowledge, it is a good source of educating yourself. It also helps to improve your communication skills. You can start learning new languages.
- Besides many people have made travelling a way to earn money, let’s take Brooke from World of Wanderlust, she started by taking a Europe trip then run a successful blog, write a travel book & now owning her own little cafe.
- Oh hey you might find love abroad.
”The number of ways you can live in one lifetime is limitless. So why limit yourself? The sky is not the limit. Beyond the universe is.” – Suzy Kassem
Seek out to the world.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post, thank you for dropping by.